APPLICATION PROCESS OPEN
The application process will be open until all positions are filled. However, the evaluation process will start from 1st of April 2017 and it is not guaranteed that applications received after 31st of March 2017 will be evaluated.
The host organisation will appoint each successful applicant under an employment contract with a very competitive salary according to EU regulation, including social security. The duration of the contract is, at least, 36 months. The fellows are expected to join their host organizations starting from July 2017 (estimated time). The salary is composed from the following allowances depending on the personal status of each fellow:
- Living allowance: Monthly rate of €3,110. This amount will be multiplied by the Country Correction Coefficient of the recruiting institution. This amount includes the monthly salary for the fellow before any deductions: contributions of both employers and employees to social security, pension, taxation, voluntary deductions, etc.
- Mobility Allowance: Monthly rate of €600. Contributes to the expenses of the researcher caused by the mobility (household, relocation and personal travel expenses). Normally, this amount is taxed but depends on national taxation rules.
- Family Allowance: Monthly rate of €500. For all the recruited fellows who have family at the time of the recruitment. Family means persons linked to the researcher by marriage (or a relationship with equivalent status to a marriage recognised by the legislation of the country where this relationship was formalized) or dependent children who are actually being maintained by the researcher. Normally, this amount is taxed but depends on national taxation rules.
Additional funding for participation to courses, workshops, international conferences, etc. is ensured.
Rules for applicants
- The applicant may be of any nationality.
- The applicant shall at the time of recruitment be in the first four years of his/her research career and have not been awarded a doctoral degree. This is measured from the date when the applicant obtained the degree, which would formally entitle him/her to register as PhD candidate.
- The applicant must not have resided or carried out his/her main activity in the country of the host institute for more than 12 months in the 3 years immediately prior to the date of recruitment (date of recruitment means the first day of the employment of the researcher for the purposes of this action).
- Successful applicants will be recruited under an employment contract by the host institute. For those positions including doctoral studies, the selected applicant must register for the PhD program at the respective host institute.
- Applicants must demonstrate that their ability to understand and express themselves in both written and spoken English is sufficiently high to derive the full benefit from the training.
How to Apply
Applicants must upload his/her CV, two recommendation letters by two referees, personal statement (max. two pages A4) indicating their motivation for the PhD study, the transcript of records and the diploma that gives access to the doctoral studies.
Priority List: applicants can select up to 5 individual positions. The hiring process will take into account the priority list specified by the applicant.